Aptos, Seascape, Seacliff, Rio Del Mar

Aptos (Aptos is pronounced "app-toss" by residents. The name is often mispronounced "app-tose" by tourists.)

In 1980 I built a home in Aptos 1/2 mile up Porter Gulch Rd which is right next to Cabrillo College. I built a 4000 SF ocean view home on 3 acres in Aptos in 1980 and believe me that was exciting like having my 3rd kid and after 12 months, I was way over do. I have 2 kids and I sent them both to The Santa Cruz Montessori School on Soquel Dr. for their early years 2 -5 before they went to public grade school at Soquel Elementary.

Aptos is on the mountain and country side of Highway 1 the homes range from neighborhood homes on 3000 - 5000 SF lot to 1 - 10 acres estates. You can get some great ocean views from the hills and mountains in Aptos and some of the homes are on the border of The Forest of The Nisene Marks Park. The park is 40 miles of hiking trails and fire roads on over 10,000 acres, it is a pretty easy ride your bike to the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake epicenter. Yes my family was at the house we built in Aptos during the EQ and the house did ok just a lot of broken glass.

Picture of Sandy on her bike at Nisene Marks park at the Epicenter Sandy in Nisene Marks Park

What is the difference in between Aptos, Seascape, Seacliff, and Rio Del Mar?

Well I will tell you Aptos is un incorporated and the zip code 95003 includes all these other areas. Seascape, Seacliff & Rio Del Mar are all beach towns. It is divided by Highway 1 and Soquel Dr. that run parallel together. So if you find yourself stuff in a traffic jam on Highway 1 take the next exit and continue travelling in the same direction to your destination.

Rio Del Mar,  I Call it “Vacation Land

Rio Del Mar borders Seacliff Beach that has miles of sandy beaches, with picnic tables, RV parking, surfing, swimming, fishing, volley ball, restaurants, resorts, walking sand walks, bike paths, you name it is just fun, fun, fun! Vacation Land has many vacation rental homes that owners either use a property management company. If you want to buy a home to use as your 2nd home and have some income this is the perfect way to go. Just a little word to the wise vacation rentals have a 11% TOT tax that the renter pays and the owner sends in to the county. The owner must have the home registered as a vacation rental.  I would always protect my clients when buying a home for this use and make sure it would all work out.

Seacliff State Beach and the Cement Ship

Where the homes are on tiny lots and overlook the ocean from the cliff. The Seacliff State Beach is public and you can drive down to the picnic table or RV parking right on the sand. Looking like a wharf and used to be a fishing pier, you will see the Cement Ship called the SS Palo Alto.

Are you looking to buy or sell a home in Aptos |Rio Del Mar | Seacliff | SeascapeSanta Cruz? Let me show you homes that are not on the market yet so you have the buying advantage. Click here for a list of all homes for sale

Want to know what your homes is worth? Just let me know the address. Click here for a FREE no obligation Market Value Analysis delivered to your home or email. Contact Sandy Wallace at 831-818-7099 or seesandy4homes@gmail.com

Search Aptos, Seascape, Seacliff, Rio Del Mar Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property ML81656766
$875,700
APTOS, CA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Myra Ambrosini
Bailey Properties
REIL
Featured picture for the property ML81667462
$2,100,000
APTOS, CA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Scott Rutley
Keller Williams Realty Carlsbad
REIL
Featured picture for the property ML81667320
$699,000
SANTA CRUZ, CA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Amado Gutierrez
Intero San Jose, Willow Glen Lincoln Ave
REIL
Featured picture for the property ML81667240
$1,195,000
APTOS, CA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Candie Noel
Bailey Properties
REIL
Featured picture for the property ML81667235
$2,195,000
APTOS, CA
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Tobias Warthemann
Atlantis Properties
REIL
© 2017 MLSListings Inc. All rights reserved. Updated Jun 26, 2017 7:58:am. Information deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of the MLSListingsTM MLS.
Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than the operator of this website are marked with the IDX icon REInfoLink. The information being provided is for consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.

Today's Market Trends for Aptos, Seascape, Seacliff, Rio Del Mar *

$1,501,030

0.06%

$803.0000

0.05%

0.26%

May

April

0.61%

0.64%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable